“Bounce! Roll! Slide! Predicting Patterns of Movement” Informational Physical Science Bundle3rd Grade • Lesson Plan Bundle
Subject: ELA, Informational
Type: Lesson Plan Bundle
Optional Student Resources: "
CCSS: RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.6, RI.3.8
File Type: PDF Document
Lesson Plan Description
Perfect for multilingual learners this bundle of 4 lesson plans (45-60 minutes each) includes scaffolds and supports for asking and answering text dependent questions through multiple reads of a complex text. Your students will:
- Segment 1: Convert the literal interpretation of informational text to evaluation and synthesis
- Segment 2: Classify multiple factors including mass, force, and
speed with the support of a graphic organizer
- Segment 3: Create and use three headings to write a summary of the informational text.
- Segment 4: Draw their own graphic organizer and illustrate an object in motion.
This physical science based nonfiction lessons addresses NGSS standards:
- PS2.A: Forces and Motion The patterns of an object’s motion in various situations can be observed and measured; when that past motion exhibits a regular pattern, future motion can be predicted from it. (Boundary: Technical terms, such as magnitude, velocity, momentum, and vector quantity, are not introduced at this level, but the concept that some quantities need both size and direction to be described is developed.) (3-PS2-2)
These lessons can be taught over the span of a half day or you can use the lessons independently, broken up over several days.