“Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources: Your Energy Use Explained” Informational Earth Science: Text Features4th Grade • 1 Lesson Plan
Subject: ELA, Informational
Type: 1 Lesson Plan
CCSS: RI.4.1, RI.4.2, RI.4.3, RI.4.4 & RI.4.8
File Type: PDF Document
Lesson Plan Description
Working with an engaging informational text around earth science standards, your 4th graders will practice creating their own new “format” for the text by incorporating purposeful and distinct text features: Using the informational earth science text, “Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources: Your Energy Use Explained” your students will:
- Participate in a series of engaging close reading lessons with many opportunities to develop vocabulary through oral language practice
- Ask and answer text dependent questions in order to…
- Identify key details and determining the meaning of unknown vocabulary using context clues
- Integrate text features in order to create a new “layout” for the text
The text used in this lessons addresses the NGSS: ESS3.A:
- Natural Resources Energy and fuels that humans use are derived from natural sources, and their use affects the environment in multiple ways. Some resources are renewable over time, and others are not.
**Purchasing both this 1 hour and the ELA Bundle: “Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources: Your Energy Use Explained” Informational Earth Science Bundle,” will result in duplicate content.